- Organized and can juggle a variety of tasks.
- Can handle every aspect of a project as well as group collaboration.
- Able to identify learning gaps and come up with a plan to fill them.
- Leadership and mentoring experience.
PhD Student, University of North Texas, Learning Technologies: Current
Studied: emerging technologies, theories, research
Focus: Instructional Design, learning cognition, game-based learning
Graduate Certificate in Mind, Brain and Teaching, Johns Hopkins: Completion 2019
Studied: learning cognition, human development, and addressed educational challenges
Masters Education in Instructional Design, West Texas A&M: Graduation 2008
Studied: Distance Learning, Education and Internet Technology
Bachelor of Fine Art in Advertising Design, Texas Woman’s University, Graduation 1996
Studied: Graphic Design, Illustration, and Fine Art
Instructional Designer 2014 – Present
Qlik – Software company making Qlik Sense and other related data visualization products.
Primary Role: Learn needs of various customer industries, identify learning gaps, then design, write and produce training in the customer app to fill their needs.
Additional tasks: Develop academic curriculum, develop and manage a free learning library, various internal projects. Job demands Process improvement, and a high level of problem solving.
Adjunct Faculty, Brookhaven Community College – part of Dallas County Community College District: 2013 – 2019
Adjunct Faculty, DeVry University, 2008 – 2014
Tasks: Teach various advanced design courses online. Includes supplementing course content.
Instructional Design Consultant 2008 – 2014
Tasks: Organize content, transform ILT to eLearning, module development, course development. Learn proprietary software and create eLearning to train for that software.
Companies: Girl Scouts, AT&T, Star Learning, various other projects
Awards and Honors:
Member of Kappa Delta Pi – National honor society for educators for earning a 4.0 GPA in masters work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qlik Sense & QlikView
- TechSmith: Camtasia, Snag-it,
- Adobe: Captivate, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Microsoft: Word, Power Point, Excel
- Random: Audacity
- Have worked in Articulate & Lectora in past projects
- Blackboard, Academy, NetExam
College program and course development, corporate training, technical simulations, interactive activities, educational strategy, video development, voice over, creative concepts, interactive learning experience, problem solving
- Continue learning and strengthen my skills.
- Stay current on industry techniques and trends.
- Continue research to influence and progress the use of technology in education.
- Mentor and lead others in producing effective learning materials.
- Advocate for instructional design processes over cutting corners.
- Golf, Tennis, Yoga, Pilates
- Animal lover
- Oil painting, water color, any art “toys”
- Avid reader